Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How am i a non custodial parent.

Q: How am i a non custodial parent paying child support while still married. Without ever having a custody hearing or any type of custody order ever entered in newyork. I reside in Maryland btw and pay and have paid my child support since it was entered im not a deadbeat or looking to avoid supporting my child but i have 0 connection with newyork. We were married in maryland our son was born in missouri why did newyork take the case if they werent going to handle divorce and custody but so quick to enter a child support order for title 4d funds.

A: David's Answer: Child support goes by actual residence - a decree of custody isn't necessary. And the jurisdictional statutes differ between divorce, custody and child support - thus it's possible NY would have jurisdiction over child support, but not the custody or divorce. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions