High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Hello I would like to know if my wife can put my name on our baby’s birth certificate

Q: I am married to her and she gave birth after our marriage even though i am not the biological father can i have my name put on the baby’s birth certificate?

A: David’s Answer: As long as the true biological father’s name in not on the birth certificate, then you may do so. This is with 2 proviso’s: (a) you will be deemed the legal father of the child & it may be extremely hard to remove that status later on, thus possibly result in you having to provide child support for a child who isn’t yours, (b) the real Father may come forward in a paternity action & move to establish his paternity. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge