Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Hello I would like to know if my wife can put my name on our baby's birth certificate

Q: I am married to her and she gave birth after our marriage even though i am not the biological father can i have my name put on the baby's birth certificate?

A: David's Answer: As long as the true biological father's name in not on the birth certificate, then you may do so. This is with 2 proviso's: (a) you will be deemed the legal father of the child & it may be extremely hard to remove that status later on, thus possibly result in you having to provide child support for a child who isn't yours, (b) the real Father may come forward in a paternity action & move to establish his paternity. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions