High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse


Q: I live in Westchester County, New York have two children and I am filing for divorce from my husband, and we have been married for 10 years. The reason is because 6 weeks after we were married I found out he had a child a 6 weeks old baby. I stayed in the marriage, about two years ago found out he had another child with the same girl and this child was born in 2008 and I found out in 2014. I stayed and tried to work it out but now I want to end this relationship. I wanted to know if I am able to get an immediate divorce or do I have to be separated for a period of time. No property or debt just we have two children together and we already have a child support order

A: David’s Answer:
Thanx to a 2010 amendment to the NY Divorce Law, there is no longer a need to “wait 1 year pursuant to a separation agreement” in order to get divorced. You may file a “no-fault” divorce. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network