Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I receive a child support modification in NY?

Q: I have a 2009 stipulation with a doctor that was making less than 118k and my daughter is in college. I have just found out that he had a major inheritance over 200k and lives in a 1 million dollar home he paid for in cash. I can prove he makes in taxes 160000 . My daughters expenses have increased especially since college and I'm a stay at home parent with a disabled child.

A: David's Answer:
Your issue will depend on a review of your agreement - if it was executed prior to Oct. 2010, then the old law generally applies for modification of child support done pursuant to agreement (meaning you'd have to prove an "unanticipated change"). The agreement, however, may provide for other bases to modify the support and/or may treat college or educational expenses as an add-on to the basic support. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions