Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I protect my toddler from being talked to sexually by other parent's family if there is already a custody order?

Q: My toddler is repeatedly being called "sexy" by one of the maternal grandparents, i know which one. There is already a custody order in place. I don't want to wait to see if my daughter gets molested to do something. If the other parent is willing to leave the child in the care of the abusive grandparent, what can I do to prevent this from happening?

A: David's Answer: I'd suggest first to raise your concerns to the other parent. If the other parents dismisses your concerns, consider filing a modification petition to provide that when the non-custodial parent is unavailable to care for the child, your relative or chosen caretaker should take priority over his parents. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions