Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can a father have shared custody even if he was violent with the mother....would I have to get proof of his violent behavior

Q: He was very violent choked me twice threatened to kill me break stuff in the apartment but I never made any police report can he still have shared custody or visitation

A: David's Answer: Certainly domestic violence is a factor which the court specifically considers. Of course, there may be an issue in you proving what occurred - especially if he denies it & there's no witnesses. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions