High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Th respondent moved from known appartment, and might leave the country,how do I serve court summons on a child custody issue??

Q: Divorced 2yrs ago,shes been keeping my child away from me,flew the child to Africa in june 2016,she came back Dec.filled for custody so she will keep the child here,due to health and educational reasons..what are my chances??i have been financially responsible to the child.

A: David’s Answer:
If she filed the custody petition, then either her address would be listed on the petition – or it would be listed as “confidential,” meaning you’d serve her via the Clerk’s Office. You should utilize a licensed process server and/or P.I. for the process. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  

FindLaw Network