Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Th respondent moved from known appartment, and might leave the country,how do I serve court summons on a child custody issue??

Q: Divorced 2yrs ago,shes been keeping my child away from me,flew the child to Africa in june 2016,she came back Dec.filled for custody so she will keep the child here,due to health and educational reasons..what are my chances??i have been financially responsible to the child.

A: David's Answer:
If she filed the custody petition, then either her address would be listed on the petition - or it would be listed as "confidential," meaning you'd serve her via the Clerk's Office. You should utilize a licensed process server and/or P.I. for the process. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.  

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions