Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My ex husband told me hes stopping child support when my son turns 21. we live in new york

Q: My ex told me he was stopping child support next month when my son turns 21.we never went to court. problem is my son is still in college..can he do this and can i take him to court at this point or is it too late

A: David's Answer: Yes, he can stop the support. The law in New York only obligates a parent to pay child support until 21 - unless there's a valid written agreement extending that time. Call a Westchester Child Support attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions