High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My daughter is 12 years old and does not want to have to visit her father. Is there a law in nys

Q: I am divorced custodial parent and my daughter doesn’t want to see her father.

A: David’s Answer: It’s not automatic that a Judge would suspend visitation, but certainly at that age the Judge would strongly consider her preferences. That said, if her refusal to visit is deemed unjustified, the Court may find that you have forfeited your right to collect child support. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network