High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Is there a statue of limitations for support reimbursement?

Q: Ex is asking for reimbursement of a camp expense from approx. 6 months ago. When asked for documentation proving she incurred the expense (back then) she didn’t provide one. Now all of a sudden she has all of the necessary paperwork and proof.

Will a judge award her payment for an expense that old?

A: David’s Answer: Unless you have an order/agreement which imposes the “30-30” rule (requiring her to produce such receipts within 30 days), then it’s not too late. My suggestion is to ask for a modification of the prior order to interpose the 30-30 rule. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge