Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Is there a statue of limitations for support reimbursement?

Q: Ex is asking for reimbursement of a camp expense from approx. 6 months ago. When asked for documentation proving she incurred the expense (back then) she didn't provide one. Now all of a sudden she has all of the necessary paperwork and proof.

Will a judge award her payment for an expense that old?

A: David's Answer: Unless you have an order/agreement which imposes the "30-30" rule (requiring her to produce such receipts within 30 days), then it's not too late. My suggestion is to ask for a modification of the prior order to interpose the 30-30 rule. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions