High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do you get a legal seperation from missing spouse

Q: Spouse left 12 years ago. Do not want to file for divorce. How do I get legal seperation if his whereabouts is unknown?

A: David’s Answer: Well, you wouldn’t be able to do a separation agreement – your only option would be to file a court action for separation. The Court will require a P.I. to conduct a “:diligent search” for him – and if unsuccessful, you’d need to do “publication notice” of the summons. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network