Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How do you get a legal seperation from missing spouse

Q: Spouse left 12 years ago. Do not want to file for divorce. How do I get legal seperation if his whereabouts is unknown?

A: David's Answer: Well, you wouldn't be able to do a separation agreement - your only option would be to file a court action for separation. The Court will require a P.I. to conduct a ":diligent search" for him - and if unsuccessful, you'd need to do "publication notice" of the summons. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions