High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How do I go about getting an Uncontested Divorce done?

Q: My ex-wife and were married back in 1998 and we separated a year later. I moved to New York around that same time and have no idea where she is presently located. She was suppose to handle the divorce proceedings and said she did. But I found out later on that we were still married and she didn’t take care of the situation. Now I want to get a divorce done as quickly as possible.

A: David’s Answer: You can try informal methods to locate her – ultimately the Court would require you to have a P.I. conduct a “diligent search” in an effort to locate her. If unsuccessful, you’d then need to do “publication notice.” Schedule a consult with a Bronx Uncontested Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network