Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How do I go about getting an Uncontested Divorce done?

Q: My ex-wife and were married back in 1998 and we separated a year later. I moved to New York around that same time and have no idea where she is presently located. She was suppose to handle the divorce proceedings and said she did. But I found out later on that we were still married and she didn't take care of the situation. Now I want to get a divorce done as quickly as possible.

A: David's Answer: You can try informal methods to locate her - ultimately the Court would require you to have a P.I. conduct a "diligent search" in an effort to locate her. If unsuccessful, you'd then need to do "publication notice." Schedule a consult with a Bronx Uncontested Divorce attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions