High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I get my household goods back for me and my daughter?

Q: On 12/19 a domestic violence situation took place and now my husband has to stay away from me and my daughter I moved to va to feel safe but I would like to go back to get the big things I left behind but my name was removed from the lease, how can I get my things and daughter things.

A: David’s Answer: You may be able to get the OP amended to provide a specific date on which you can remove your personal belongings. That said, if the child is his, you should immediately consult an attorney as there are custody/relocation issues to be addressed. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

FindLaw Network