Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I get my household goods back for me and my daughter?

Q: On 12/19 a domestic violence situation took place and now my husband has to stay away from me and my daughter I moved to va to feel safe but I would like to go back to get the big things I left behind but my name was removed from the lease, how can I get my things and daughter things.

A: David's Answer: You may be able to get the OP amended to provide a specific date on which you can remove your personal belongings. That said, if the child is his, you should immediately consult an attorney as there are custody/relocation issues to be addressed. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions