High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I enforce a post divorce judgment property sale while a foreclosure case is pending?

Q: My ex husband sued me for divorce. The judgment for divorce was rendered in 2014. The judgment required us to sell the marital property, but my husband has sabotaged every effort to do so by refusing to sign the contract for sale, and other things. There is a pending foreclosure case where a summary judgment for an order of reference was rendered recently. No other events have taken place since the summary judgment order was issued.

A: David’s Answer: You can file an order to show cause & request that the Divorce Judge appoint you as receiver of the property so as to dispense with the need for your ex-husband’s signature. Hopefully you kept a paper-trail – and if so, you can attach same as an exhibit to your motion. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.   

FindLaw Network