Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I enforce a post divorce judgment property sale while a foreclosure case is pending?

Q: My ex husband sued me for divorce. The judgment for divorce was rendered in 2014. The judgment required us to sell the marital property, but my husband has sabotaged every effort to do so by refusing to sign the contract for sale, and other things. There is a pending foreclosure case where a summary judgment for an order of reference was rendered recently. No other events have taken place since the summary judgment order was issued.

A: David's Answer: You can file an order to show cause & request that the Divorce Judge appoint you as receiver of the property so as to dispense with the need for your ex-husband's signature. Hopefully you kept a paper-trail - and if so, you can attach same as an exhibit to your motion. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.   

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions