Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How can I bring my grandson from my country Yemen?

Q: My grandson is back home and his father never Wanted him from day one he doesn't even care if he's alive or dead . I'm trying to look for a way so I can bring him to the USA knowing that I'm a USA citizen so is his father .someone told me that to do that his father has to abdicate his right of being the father but the problem is every time we want him to go to court or do anything he doesn't come what should we do . Keep in mind that he's in Yemen and there is war and he only has his mom.


A: David's Answer: Where is the mother in the picture? If the Mother is here in the U.S. legally, but the Father isn't consenting to the custody change, then she may need to file for custody in Yemen. Otherwise, if the child's been in Yemen for more than 6 months, and YOU wish to file for custody, you'd need to file over there (again, assuming the Father isn't consenting to the change). Call a Bronx Family Law attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions