Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Do I have to still pay child support?

Q: I was put on child support in New York. As well when I went for visitation/joint custody my sons mother filed for full custody. And she was granted full custody where my rights was taken away from me. But I still pay child support. She moved to Pennsylvania and I've been paying since 2009 or 2010 till present. She has repeatedly told me that I have no rights every time I ask if I can see him. So I wonder as many have asked me why do I still pay child support then. And according to some research as me and her aren't married and never have been im basically a nobody to my son.

A: David's Answer:  You have to continue to pay child support, quite simply because a court has ordered that you do so. Visitation is another issue - you'd need to file a separate petition to obtain a court order regarding same. Call a Bronx Child Support attorney for more info. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions