Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Do I have to pay for child support for my son (18 years old), if he chooses to go to college part time only.

Q: My ex-husband has my son living in a rented room and I am paying child support. He is planning to attend college now in January part time only.

Do I still pay for child support if the child is not in school full time?

A: David's Answer: Yes - unless the child is fully self-supporting, you'd need to continue child support. That said, unless you have a contrary agreement, to the degree you pay for room-and-board you should get a credit off child support. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions