Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Do I have the right to see the non custodial parent's living arrangements and know who his roommate is?

Q: My ex and I do not have a court ordered custody agreement. My son lives with me in NYC and his father lives in New Jersey. My son spends most weekends with his dad. The father is now married, has moved to a new location, and rented a room to man that is unknown to me. The father is very secretive and refuses to tell me who the roommate is or let me see the house where my son spends the weekends. I do have some concern for my son's safety as he was bitten by fleas from that house on three separate occasions. What are my rights regarding access to information within the dad's household?

A: David's Answer: You could either ask the court to allow you access, or alternatively for the Court to order Probation/CPS to inspect the home. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions