Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Child support, change of income / Unclaimed income.

Q: i have 50/50 parenting time . In May I lost my job applied for a modification. OC Delayed it till Sept. I got a reduction but it did not go retro to the day i filed. Why?. At that time the kids were living with me for the summer. The income the child support was based on 37 k me 71k my ex . Their is another 24k she gets from renters that was in the D&D and transcripts but not on her taxes. And not looked at when determining child support. I am now working a new job making 71k and she makes 71k plus the unclaimed 24k . I have to back to court at the end of Jan. What can i expect to happen? I don't even understand why i pay when i have 50/50 I feel this is based on gender not parenting time or income.

A: David's Answer: The 50-50% must be exactly that - even if it's 51-49%, you don't catch a break. Moreover, you should have that arrangement reduced to a court order, if you haven't already. That said, it may behoove you to bring the orders into an attorney for a consult. Call a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions