High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I move out of state with my 19 yr old even when the divorce from 6 yrs ago claims I cant move more than 25 mls from father?

Q: Can we just move since she is over 18 now? Do I need to go to court again? Will her father have any way of stopping her from leaving?

A: David’s Answer: Generally yes, unless your agreement says something different about it extending beyond 18. A “child” is emancipated for custody/visitation purposes at age 18 in NY. For more info, consult a Westchester Family Law attorney. 

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge