Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I move out of state with my 19 yr old even when the divorce from 6 yrs ago claims I cant move more than 25 mls from father?

Q: Can we just move since she is over 18 now? Do I need to go to court again? Will her father have any way of stopping her from leaving?

A: David's Answer: Generally yes, unless your agreement says something different about it extending beyond 18. A "child" is emancipated for custody/visitation purposes at age 18 in NY. For more info, consult a Westchester Family Law attorney. 

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions