Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Will my order of protection against my ex husband and his mother prevent visitation from our son in NYC via family court?

Q: I have an order of protection from NJ against my ex husband and his mother. He has raped and beaten me, along with trying to kill me. His mother had threatened kidnapping my son, along with fighting me whilst pregnant. I live in NY and we have pending custody / visitation cases. I want her to have no rights to my son but my ex lives with her, Smh. Also, he has pending NY and NJ criminal charges.

A: David's Answer: Obviously if the order of protection is a "stay away" order of protection, then the NY Court would generally honor same. If its not, then the court in NY MAY consider the order of protection in structuring visitation, but the larger issue is whether the NJ court made any factual findings of wrongdoing on their part. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions