High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

When NCP does not forward mail

Q: Is it a crime when the non-custodial parent does not forward mail to their ex-spouse and/or children? Suspect health information is going to their address rather than ours. We cannot change the address with the mailer/provider.   

A: David’s Answer: It’s not necessarily a crime, but it’s also something which can potentially be addressed by the post-judgment part and/or Family Court (if the issue has to do with child support). First try to get agreement from the other parent by writing a letter/e-mail. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge