Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What's the protocol of child custody for an unmarried couple in Westchester?

Q: If I list someone on my sons birth certificate what rights does he have? And does he have to be at the hospital to sign the papers

A: David's Answer: If you merely list someone as the child's Father on the birth certificate, it does not in itself confer paternity rights. He would need to sign an acknowledgement of paternity as well - which is usually done at the Hospital, but can also be done subsequently. If paternity rights are established, he may petition for access to the child. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions