Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What do I do next?

Q: I am the defendant in a matrimonial case, I moved out of state (NY) when the relationship ended with our 3yr old child. I had an attorney who attended court 3x on my behalf. I had to cancel this representation has my bill was already $10,000 (thats all my savings) and I am not fighting for anything but child support.

I wrote the court and explained my situation in regards to inability to afford an attorney and requesting a public defender. I received a letter stating that I should do an Order to Show Cause. This is my first time in court, I have no idea what to do! Worst I am in another state! Any advise?

A: David's Answer: If you're in Westchester, you should call the Court & ask to speak to someone in the Office of the Self-Represented. They may be able to give you the forms - with the proviso that there are very few attorney available who accept pro bono cases in the matrimonial realm. You may otherwise schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions