High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Should i file a petition against children’s father stating the many valid reasons he should not have my children?

Q: Going to file rebuttal in custody case. Should i state vaild points on why judge should not grant custody to him? Example father has anger issues wife is recovering alcoholic children are allowed to play with 12 year old boy. Children are 6 and 4 girls.Lack of supervision in father house. I can go on and on

A: David’s Answer: You may (& generally should) file an Answer to his petition, not only setting forth reasons why he should not get custody, but also the reasons you should retain custody. Moreover, if you do not have a custody order in your favor, you should file a cross-petition for same. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment,

FindLaw Network