Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Should i file a petition against children's father stating the many valid reasons he should not have my children?

Q: Going to file rebuttal in custody case. Should i state vaild points on why judge should not grant custody to him? Example father has anger issues wife is recovering alcoholic children are allowed to play with 12 year old boy. Children are 6 and 4 girls.Lack of supervision in father house. I can go on and on

A: David's Answer: You may (& generally should) file an Answer to his petition, not only setting forth reasons why he should not get custody, but also the reasons you should retain custody. Moreover, if you do not have a custody order in your favor, you should file a cross-petition for same. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment,

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions