Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Should I be concerned about my ex wife going to family court to modify custody?

Q: After a two year custody trial, my ex wife and her attorney agreed to settle. It was agreed that I have physical custody and we share joint legal with final decision making to me. Now, after a 3 week summer visit, my ex text me and says our 11 y/o daughter wants to live with her and she's going to court for modification. Our custody order is barely 2 months old and there has been no change in circumstances. Ex also has history of coaching our child during the custody trial.

A: David's Answer: A child of that age saying she wants to live with the other parent is a "change of circumstances" warranting the modification filing. Of course, her being able to file & her getting custody is a big difference. You should schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions