Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My spouse served me with a summons for a request to modify custody order that was already final, Can this delay divorce?

Q: After my spouse and I went to court to settle matters such as custody, alimony, and child support she summoned me again for a modification of custody when I already served her with papers, can this delay the divorce process?

A: David's Answer: Assuming her case is pending in Family Court, it wouldn't necessarily delay the divorce. Either party may move to consolidate the family Court case into the divorce case, or can agree to leave it in Family Court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions