High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My son’s father file for a modification in child support. He claims he makes less money.

Q: My son’s father is claiming he is making less money than before and he also knows that I change jobs and I make more money.
We always have problems because he doesn’t want to pay for extra curricular activities, he says that’s included in the child support that I get. How can I ask for help on that when I go to court?
Also what do I need to bring for proof of child care? I pay my mom weekly for picking up my son from school, feeding him and staying with him 3 hours or 3 hours and a half.
Thank you!

A: David’s Answer: Generally extracurricular activities are not a mandated expense & otherwise included in the basic support. For the childcare, at least initially you should bring proof of your payment as well as a notarized letter from your mother detailing the care. Ultimately, she may need to come in to testify. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network