Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My son's father file for a modification in child support. He claims he makes less money.

Q: My son's father is claiming he is making less money than before and he also knows that I change jobs and I make more money.
We always have problems because he doesn't want to pay for extra curricular activities, he says that's included in the child support that I get. How can I ask for help on that when I go to court?
Also what do I need to bring for proof of child care? I pay my mom weekly for picking up my son from school, feeding him and staying with him 3 hours or 3 hours and a half.
Thank you!

A: David's Answer: Generally extracurricular activities are not a mandated expense & otherwise included in the basic support. For the childcare, at least initially you should bring proof of your payment as well as a notarized letter from your mother detailing the care. Ultimately, she may need to come in to testify. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions