High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My ex never complied with ACS court mandated services, now he contacted me on FB saying he want to see the kids. What should do

Q: He needed to complete alcohol abuse program, domestic violence(batterers program) and parenting classes he never did never went to court. Case was opened 11/2012 and closed 12/2014. I’m confused how should I go about letting him see our children. I don’t want any repercussions from allowing him to see the kids and then he doesn’t behave accordingly.

A: David’s Answer: When you say the “case was opened,” do you mean an ACS neglect case in Family Court? Was he mandated to do those services merely by ACS, or a Family Court order? Was his visitation to be supervised (or no visitation at all) until he completed those services? You’re best advised to schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge