High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My child turn 21 but is going to college an she taking me to court for here school support NY state

Q: She works part time an is part time national gruards can she still take me for support still my child

A: David’s Answer: Unless you have a valid agreement to the contrary, then children are emancipated in NY at the age of 21. Thus, if your child is already 21, then she wouldn’t be able to sue you for the college costs (unless, of course, you were obligated to pay same on a prior order). Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network