Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Motion/venue issue

Q: My lawyer has agreed to my ex spouse's venue issue and he still wants to be difficult. I am asking for part of his pension after 25 years of marriage. Can my lawyer over come this issue? I started fighting this case in January 2016. Should I keep dishing out money for my part of the pension? Can my ex keep stalling over this venue issue, even though we have agreed to what he wants? He does not want to split this pension.

A: David's Answer: It's hard to assess this, as one would need to know on what basis your soon-to-be-ex-spouse is still fighting the venue issue. One would also need to know on what basis he's asking for a deviation from the general rule on retirement division - i.e., 1/2 of the marital portion. Thus, if you want a 2d opinion, just schedule an appointment with a Bronx Divorce attorney.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions