High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Joint custody – passport issues

Q: Hi, the father of my kids (we have joint custody) does not want to sign papers so that our kids (age 14 & 7) can get passports. Can I get him to sign papers through court? If so, what application would I have to fill out, and which court would I have to submit it to? Can I do this without a lawyer? Thanks

A: David’s Answer: You would file a petition seeking modification of the joint custody order, to allow for the travel. If the Court approves the travel, you can take the order itself to the Passport Office. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network