High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Is there anyway a family court judge can modify a criminal order

| Dec 7, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: A order of protection was placed without my consent and now we have one child and one on the way and we would like to get this order modified so we can raise our family together with no problems and we have not had any police contact or criminal contact since the order was put in motion in December 2015

A: David’s Answer: If there’s no provision that family Court can modify the criminal court order, then no. That said, often times such matters are transferred to the “IDV” part so as to avoid those complications. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge