Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

In what case can a judge grant the baby father custody?

Q: My ex tells the court that we make things difficult for him to receive his daughter on visitation. That is not true, so now we have to prove we are not being difficult in giving him the child. I also have a order of protection on him. So since the incident on Tuesday he and my sister had a fight. I called the cops. I put a stay away from our child because I fear of her safety..

A: David's Answer: There are numerous factors which the Court will consider on custody, including age of child, how long the child has been living with 1 parent, stability of the homes, ability to meet the child's needs, who has been the primary psychological parent, whether either parent has a drug, alcohol or mental health issue, and whether domestic violence has been committed. You're best advised to schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions