Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Im in nyc. Im 11,000$ in child support arrears. But i haven't been working all of this time. Since 2012. Can i get it reduced.

Q: I stopped working due to being diagnosed with m.s but i have had some of and on off the book jobs paying no more than 200 a week plus i get foodstamps .im about to start working a full time job and i wanna pay my arrears but is there anyway to reduce that 11,000 .my son is over 21 already.

A: David's Answer: Generally arrears cannot be reduced. There are limited exceptions, such as when you can prove your income was below the poverty line for any given year in which your arrears accrued. Even then, you would need to prove you were attempting to maximize your income. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions