Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If the parent who is paying child support receives a lawsuit are his children entitled to a %?

Q: My kids father will be getting a settlement and I'm wondering whether my kids will be given a portion of it by law? Supposedly what he owes in arrears will be paid through this also.

A: David's Answer: It depends on how the settlement is structured. If it's 1 lump sum, you MAY be able to argue it should be considered as a factor in determining overall support (on an argument of "unjust & inappropriate"). If its broken down as monthly installments, you'd then have a much better argument that it should be considered as income. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Child Support attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions