Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I recently had Acs come to my home because I called the cops on my kids father for assault..He is the biological father and was

Q: He was arrested and released, he has to go to court in a lil over a month.,I decided on my own terms to drop the charges,but I was told by ADA that it's the judges decision..An order of protection was order for me by the judge, Now ACS wants to place a Order of protection to my kids,..I refused this too take place. They informed me it was the judge's decision if there's enough evidence..they are healthy kids no abuse.How long do I have to put up with ACS and can I or should I get a lawyer..

A: David's Answer: The answer to your question depends on whether the case is in criminal court, or Family Court. If in Criminal Court, then whether there's an OP issued is up to the ADA & Judge - you'd need to retain a lawyer to intervene in the proceeding. If in Family Court, it depends on whether you're a named respondent or not. Either way, you may benefit from scheduling a consult with a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions