High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I have a child and would like to move to a different state dad is not involved can I do this without getting in any trouble?

Q: I was never married to father of child. He pays support 25 per month and moved Down south. He hasn’t seen his son for over a year and a half. I have to move due to my parents retiring. We live with them n they can’t afford ny so we are going to massachussets to continue to be with then. I can’t afford to live by myself so I’m moving with them to find a job to support my son. Unfortunately I can’t do it on my own. Will I get in trouble moving? I mean I don’t hear from the dad but he can be malicious. He moved south almost 2 years ago. Will I be ok to move? Thanks in advance

A: David’s Answer: You’re best advised to get a custody order in place prior to the move. As an alternative, you may attempt to get his express consent to the move – if he refuses same, you may pitch it as an alternative to requesting more support form him. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network