Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I have a child and would like to move to a different state dad is not involved can I do this without getting in any trouble?

Q: I was never married to father of child. He pays support 25 per month and moved Down south. He hasn't seen his son for over a year and a half. I have to move due to my parents retiring. We live with them n they can't afford ny so we are going to massachussets to continue to be with then. I can't afford to live by myself so I'm moving with them to find a job to support my son. Unfortunately I can't do it on my own. Will I get in trouble moving? I mean I don't hear from the dad but he can be malicious. He moved south almost 2 years ago. Will I be ok to move? Thanks in advance

A: David's Answer: You're best advised to get a custody order in place prior to the move. As an alternative, you may attempt to get his express consent to the move - if he refuses same, you may pitch it as an alternative to requesting more support form him. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions