Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How to modify Family Court Order of Protection in New York?

Q: I was the respondent in a NY family court petition where the petitioner gained a stay away order of protection. Since that time, the petitioner has moved out of state. How does the respondent have the order of protection modified to remove the requirements that they stay away from the petitioner's home and place of employment now that both of these locations have changed since the issuance of the order? The petitioner never had the order modified.

A: David's Answer: You'd file an "order to show cause" with the court, asking that the court modify the order. While the Court may not vacate the full "stay away" provision, it would at the least update the address. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Domestic Violence attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions